Capital City Youth Hockey Association Scholarship Program
CCYHA Youth Hockey Scholarship Guidelines:
- Players eligible are those who are participating in the Full House and Travel League Programs.
- Mite (8U) to Midget (16U) can request up to 50% of total fees for the current season.
- Player and parents must complete mandatory fundraising activities within the CCYHA.
- Parents must volunteer for the Cyclone Organization during the season the scholarship has been awarded.
Scholarships for player fees for participation in the sport of hockey through Capital City Youth Hockey Association will be considered and granted based on the following criteria:
- Availability of funds
- Financial need of the parent(s) and child applicant
- Academic record of the child applicant or letter of recommendation from school official
- Special personal circumstances of parent(s) and child applicant
- Number of years with the hockey association
- No outstanding balance from prior year’s fees
Please complete and submit if applicable, the following documents as part of your scholarship application:
- Scholarship Application Form
- Verification of Economic Need
- If applicable, please submit proof of eligibility for government assistance in programs such as School Lunch Assistance or WIC.
- Copy of most recent child applicant academic report card / letter from school official
- Explanation of any special personal circumstances.
The deadline for scholarship applications for the up-coming season is at time of registration, but no later than September15. If hardship falls after this date within the season, you may still submit an application.
The Scholarship Committee will keep all documentation submitted, therefore please provide copies and keep your originals.
The CCYHA Board meets once each month. At that time applications will be reviewed. You will be contacted in the event there are any questions regarding your application and notified as soon as a decision has been made.
All application forms and information submitted will be kept confidential with the Scholarship committee.
Please email your completed scholarship application form and required documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
United Heroes League Grants for Military Members
United Heroes League has paid over $500,000 in grants to help with local association fees. Many service members are in a “reserve” status until they are deployed, and have been affected by the economy like everyone else. This is a great way for United Heroes League to say THANK YOU to the families who give us so much.
United Heroes League provides equipment, camps, game tickets, and grants for association fees based on status and rank of military parent(s). All military branches are included and may apply:
- Family of Killed In Action
- Combat Wounded Purple Heart Recipient
- Currently Deployed
- Currently Serving
- Veterans (Honorably discharged Veterans who have deployed to a combat zone as defined by the Department of Defense or Veterans Administration.)
- E8 O1 WO1
- E9 O2 WO2
- O3 WO3
- O4 WO4
- Proof of Military ID / Orders
- Player's Birth Certificate
- Proof of Program Cost
Visit http://unitedheroesleague.org/programs/grants to apply.
Association information: Columbia Cyclones, c/o: Plex Indoor Sports & Hi-Wire, 1019 Broad Stone Rd, Irmo, SC 29063
Contact the following for more information or questions:
Christina Hoff (CCYHA Treasurer)
Ph: (410) 299-5778
Email: [email protected]
Checks Payable: CCYHA (grant amount will be deducted from total dues)